I have something to share with you.
Happy New Year! It’s been a fun year with over 130 new posts on Something to Share with You, the chance to “explore” 23 different cities and too many amazing meals to count. Here are my 15 favorites from 2015.
- Surprise Mommy-Daughter Dates
My favorite post of the entire year since I get to plan a surprise date with my daughter every month! I hope you read this post and plan some fun dates with your kids!!
Beauty and Fashion:
- Laura Mercier Eye Basic Primer and ‘Caviar’ Stick Eye Color
Now that I have a primer, I can actually have fun wearing makeup!
- Spanx Shapewear
Proud to have found shapewear – now I wear some really fun dresses with confidence!
- Ann Taylor Denim
Affordable with a great fit and numerous styles….a must have in my closet!
- The Starbucks app
Easiest way to pay for bottled water, snacks and oh yeah, coffee at the airport!
- A Treat for the Feet: Snoozies Slippers
These are on my feet from the minute I get home till I get in bed!
- Have time to read? Liane Moriarty
Download some books and find some time to read! Great for shorter flights!
Foodies: Recipes & Stuff:
- Oregon Chai
The best way to end the day!
- Kent Rathbun Steak & Chop Garlic Salt
The perfect blend for steak or fish!
On the Road Eats:
- Favorite salad- Kale and Squash Salad at Piccolo Sogno Due in Chicago
Tuscan kale, squash, shaved fennel, squash chips, Parmesan dressing – Absolutely Amazing!!
- Favorite Sandwich- The Macaroni Pony at The Mule in Oklahoma City
A sandwich made with Jalapeño Cornbread, Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork, 3 Cheese Mac and Cheese and a Pickle. Add a side of Watonga Cheese Curds, battered and Fried with a side of marinara and ranch.
- Favorite Lunch- Peska in Houston
$25 for an appetizer, soup or salad and an entrée. Try the mexican shrimp cocktail and the Fideo Seco(mexican pasta in a light sauce with calamari, shrimp, clams and mussels).
- Favorite Vegetarian Dish- Brussel Sprout Tacos at Frida 602 in Covington
I never thought to put brussel sprouts into a taco….delicious!
- Favorite Experience- Huevos Rancheros and Latkes at Milktooth in Indy
This menu was fantastic and since I was sitting at the counter, I watched numerous plates go out before I decided what to order.
- Favorite Dessert- Naha in Chicago
“Gateau Basque” custard cake with brown butter ice cream – if only I could bake like this!
Hope you enjoyed this short trip back through 2015! Looking forward to great new favorites this year!