I have something to share with you.
As a busy, working mom, I am always looking for recipes that I can make in advance and then reheat for dinner. I asked a close friend, who is also a super busy working mom, for her easiest and fastest go-to dinner and she shared this great recipe with me. For those moms that travel, this is a great dish to make for your family while you are on the road!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken is a big time saver)
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend (divided in half)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 package corn or flour tortillas
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans (optional)
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
- Sour cream (topping)
- Chopped green onions (topping)
- Shredded lettuce (topping)
- Chopped Tomato (topping)
- Salsa (topping)
- Avocado or guacamole (topping)
- 1 can black beans(side or topping)
- Tortilla chips(optional side)
- Mexican Rice(optional side)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, the chiles and cream cheese.
- Place tortillas in bottom of baking dish, overlapping as necessary to cover the bottom. If using, Spread about half of the beans over tortillas.
- Top with about half of the chicken mixture and half of the enchilada sauce.
- Layer with more tortillas and remaining beans and chicken mixture.
- Place remaining tortillas over chicken mixture, overlapping slightly. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish casserole or individual servings with optional toppings.
This is a simple dish to make, can served it with rice or chips and everyone can customize their own plate to enjoy!