I have something to share with you.
I have been shopping at Trader Joe’s for years but mostly in other cities. During any business trip to St Louis, Chicago or Detroit, I would stop by a TJ’s to pick up numerous pound plus chocolate bars to bring home to the family. Plus I would grab a few chocolate covered treats and transfer them to ziploc bags to fit in my suitcase(YES, my bag always came home almost 8 pounds heavier!)
Now that they are all over Dallas, I asked some friends what they buy since I have my favorites list(kind of short). Below are some of the best recommendations I got from mom friends of mine for getting dinner on the table for the family or just the kids in 30 minutes or less!
- Start your meal with soup- the organic boxed soups are great! Tomato soup, red pepper/tomato or even butternut squash.
- Making a great big salad? Add some jarred hearts of palm
- A salad needs dressing. Try the Reduced fat Cilantro Dressing – in the refrigerated section(Thanks JR!)
- Want Italian? The Ricotta and Spinach Raviolini(Giant Raviolis) or the Organic 3 cheese frozen pizza (tastes like Italy!) is great with a salad for a quick kid meal!
- Maybe Asian? Frozen Mandarin Orange Chicken & frozen Jasmine Rice – It’s fun to make Chinese at home and you can do this with or without the sauce!
- Enjoying the warmer weather? Hawaiian Style Boneless Beef Short Ribs– They cook in under 10 minutes on the grill and you can serve them with black beans and rice and fresh pineapple. Perfect weeknight meal in a flash!
- BBQ anyone? Fully cooked Baby Back ribs in Smokey BBQ Sauce. 10 minutes in the oven and they fall off the bone. Or try their grass fed hamburger patties in the freezer section if you want to fire up the grill.
- Want to start from scratch? Try the organic grass fed ground beef or organic free-range chicken breasts
- Need a veg? Try the organic baby spinach, bagged and chopped organic broccoli, organic baby carrots or shaved brussel sprouts (just roast them with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder). (Thanks AG!)
- A super fun side for kids? Mac and Cheese balls (freezer section)
Of course we cannot forget about dessert or appetizers and finger foods for parties but that will be another post! Anything else you recommend?