I have something to share with you.
Back in college, my friend’s mom would send us care packages of cake. We were 20 at the time, we didn’t bake(or cook much) and free food was always appreciated, especially to eat at 2am. Here is the recipe she gave us when we graduated, something that I can now serve at parties rather than in the middle of the night!
Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- mixture of cinnamon and sugar
- 6 oz package of chocolate chips
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, sour cream, oil and eggs and mix until well-blended.
- Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture and chocolate chips in a greased pan.
- Spread batter into pan and layer with cinnamon/sugar mixture and chips.
- Sprinkle mixture and chips onto top layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on wire rack.