I have something to share with.
I love coleslaw and the wonderful thing about coleslaw is that you can make it as simple or creative as you want. I started making coleslaw at home after adding pulled pork sandwiches and fish tacos to the weekly rotation. I could not find a coleslaw I liked in the cold case at the food store so it was time to make my own.
The Basics for me – mayo, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard and a sprinkle of sugar. Since there are just 3 of us, I don’t measure anything. I take two good spoonfuls of mayo, a splash of red wine vinegar, a sprinkle of sugar and a generous squeeze of dijon. Mix it and taste. Based on your preference, keep adjusting it till you think it is perfect.
Now that you have the base, you can add to it.
- I use the angel hair cabbage slaw but you could use a bag of coleslaw mix. I have friends that cut the cabbage by hand if they want it thicker or chopped.
- If we are eating BBQ, I leave it as is. I use this on the top of the bun and add the BBQ sauce to the bottom of the bun.
- If we are eating fish tacos, I add chopped cashews to the slaw. It is great on tilapia or shrimp tacos!
- For chicken that I pull from the slow cooker, I add green onion for a little kick!
- Other options: add bacon or black sesame seeds….get creative!!