I have something to share with you.
It’s starting to finally cool off in Texas and I thought I would celebrate by cooking a fall favorite – turkey chili! My daughter had made it at cooking class at camp and I figured she would love it(plus it would be a super quick dinner). It took 30 minutes to make and then I let it simmer till we were ready to eat. Not only did we have a great dinner, but there was plenty to freeze for a night I am out of town.
- 2 packages ground turkey (I use Jennie-O)
- 2 cans(15.5 oz) Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large cans(28 oz) diced tomatoes(do not drain)
- 1 can(6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 packets of chili seasoning(choose your heat)
- One small onion, diced small
- Half of a green pepper, chopped fine
- Cook the onions in oil until translucent. Add peppers and cook through.
- Add the ground turkey and cook through.
- Remove extra oil(I use slices of bread) and add seasoning packets, kidney beans and tomatoes.
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Serve with chopped onions, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and Fritos!