I have something to share with you.
I was recently at the Texas State Fair and if you are familiar with the fair, you know that fried foods are a MUST. This year I decided to pass. Not sure if it was because I had to fly the next morning(7am flight – Ugh!) or if I just wanted to keep my energy up for the day. Whatever the reason, I opted for the Walking Taco. It was delicious..broken up Doritos, ground beef, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, cheese and options for other toppings. Granted not the healthiest lunch but it got me thinking. Turn this easy to make meal
- Garden Salsa Sun Chips or Baked Doritos
(individual chip bags if possible)
- Ground Turkey
- Taco seasoning packet(low sodium)
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded low-fat jack/cheddar cheese, low-fat sour cream, salsa, avocado, etc
- Cook ground turkey till cooked through, drain excess grease and add taco seasoning per packet instructions.
- Option 1: Cut open chip bag on the side and gently break chips till small and easy to eat with a fork
- Option 2: Break up chips and start the first layer in a small deep bowl(don’t bother with tin foil like the picture- it rips too easily while eating)
- Add taco meat, top with lettuce and other toppings and if in a bowl, add chips in between layers.