I have something to share with you.
I love brunch. I get to have both breakfast and lunch but when it comes to designing the menu, I struggle a bit. See, I am a little(ok, A LOT) picky when it comes to eggs. I only eat them a certain way and 9 times out of 10 restaurants mess them up even when I place a very specific order. But I wanted to offer friends an egg option when I entertained at my home. So of course, I asked a few friends to share a recipe and all three friends shared the exact same recipe with me. With that kind of recommendation I knew this recipe would be good but also found it super easy!
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 T melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz small curd cottage cheese
- 8 oz Monterey Jack, cheddar or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 small can diced green chiles (optional)
- Beat eggs well, by hand or with mixer.
- Add other ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Pour into 9 x 13 greased casserole dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.
- Serve with salsa.